Advantages of this strap vest:
- Ideal for shorter hunts with minimal equipment – it is ideal for open country, but the Solid Back with the Quilomene style shell pockets is also very workable in tight, thick country.
- Convenient strap loop for hanging
- Extra padding for comfort around neck and upper back
- 2 adjustable raising/lowering straps to support many body types – tensil strength of the 1″ webbing is 1720 lbs with slow pull
- Adjustable shoulder straps with extra padding for comfort around nek and upper back. No padding in gun mounting area
- Removable and adjustable sternum strap
- Heavy duty Velcro/snap reinforced mesh for back ventilation / Heavy duty duty Velcro/snap reinforced solid orange back
- Padded hip belt system with lumbar support for effective weight distribution and puts load on hips, frees upper body for unrestricted movement
- Easy access game bag – 15″ long X 6″ wide X 8″ deep
- Small, angled zippered compartment at both ends of bird bag 5″L x 6″W
- Removable shell pockets with Velcro close flap + large and small zippered compartment – 8″L X 6″W X 2″D; Small zippered compartment 4″L x 6″W
- Large zippered compartment for extra storage on back of game bag – 6″L x 12″W x 2.25″D
- There is not a hydration bladder pocket on the Rimfire.
- Complete vest weight empty 2 lbs 8oz
- Maximum recommended weight 20 lbs
- The Q5 Rimfire Vest is made in the USA
In the Field with the Q5
“I received my Q5 rimfire last week and I love it! I have hunted 3 full days here in the South Carolina Low Country in pursuit of Woodcock and Bobwhite quail. I have averaged 6-8 miles per hunt and my back / shoulders no longer ache after a day in the field . Having a vest that puts the load on my hips has been a game changer! I can hunt longer and harder now. The game pouch is easy to drop birds in , my shells are essesable and don’t spill when maneuvering over obstacles I absolutely love the vest! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!” ~ Jeff
From our Rimfire Pro-staff, Jason Wright, with Thundering Aspens:
“We sure are enjoying these vests. They’ve been in use 6 days a week all day long in many different cover types since Sept. . . .The small zippered pack on the back of the rimfire holds my dog safety essentials perfectly and just last month I had a client’s dog hit a fence and filet itself open pretty bad, I was easily able to reach around unzip and pull the supplies out and stop the bleeding. It was a bad one, saved that dog just in time from bleeding out. Thank you for such a great product. As of today 84 full day hunts and the vest is doing great!” ~ Jason
“I appreciate this awesome piece of work you and your husband have designed/build, and thank you for taking the time to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase!
Also I like the generosity to give to those young children who may not have the opportunity to learn to appreciate the outdoors!” ~ Kirk
Waist: 34″ – 54″
Fitting Recommendations: Loosen all the straps on the vest. Put on the vest, set the hip belt where comfortable, and tighten the buckle. Now just tighten the 2 straps on the back, shoulder straps and sternum strap to comfort. The sternum strap is adjustable to sit further up or down the chest. It is recommended that another person assist you with the back strap adjustments. In time, as you have adjusted the vest to a permanent fit, you can adjust some of the over length straps by cutting and applying a flame on the ends to prevent fraying.
Thundering AspensJason has been a professional upland bird hunting guide and dog trainer for 15 years, and is the second generation Owner of Thundering Aspens Sportsman Club in Mesick, Michigan.Visit Jason on:
Important: All sizes apply to actual measured size of your “waist” (or wherever you will wear the hip belt). Do not use pant size to select an option.
1. Select the applicable option above if your “waist” measurement is less than 36 inches.
2. Select the applicable option above if your “waist” measurement is 36 inches to 43 inches. An appropriate hip belt will be changed out for your vest.
3. Select the applicable option above if your “waist” measurement is greater than 43 inches and an appropriate hip belt will be changed out for your vest.
(*Free shipping does not apply to orders in AK, HI, or for international orders. For orders going to Canada, there is a $40.00 flat rate shipping cost – conditions apply.)
|Please allow 7-14 days for shipping and handling.|
To complete your order online, choose from available options below and click the ‘Add to Cart’ button. If you would like to order by phone or for international orders, please call 1-800-585-8804. Orders to Canada can now be placed online!